Only applicable to trainees who had an ARCP assessment in May 2020
DEADLINE – Monday 15th June 2020
HEE are doing all we can to support trainees during this challenging time and to ensure that you have access to educational and professional support services. You may have seen the Covid19 ARCP Supplementary Guidance which includes information relating to the completion of a trainee self-declaration form which has been incorporated into the Form R Part B. This provides you with an opportunity to self-assess your progress up to the point of the pandemic and declare how your training has been impacted due to COVID-19. It also allows you to flag if you have concerns about your training or wellbeing, however, we would remind you that you can access our Professional Support and Wellbeing service at any time and details are available on our website.
We had planned that the information contained within your self-declaration would have supplemented the Educational Supervisors Report for your ARCP but unfortunately it was not available in time. However, we would be grateful if you would complete the Trainee Self-Assessment and Declaration section contained within the attached Form R Part B.
You will need to undertake the following actions:-
1. Please complete Section 1 (Doctors Details) and the self-assessment and declarations section (pages 6 and 7) only. A ‘how to guide’ is attached to create a new digital ID.
2. If you have been in a training placement (i.e. not on statutory leave or career break) then please send a copy of the Form R Part B to your Assigned Educational Supervisor via e-mail. Please note the Submit to your ES button does not auto populate the e-mail address, this will need to be input manually and sent to your Educational Supervisor via e-mail.
3. A copy of the Form R Part B must be uploaded to your E-portfolio.
4. A copy of Form R Part B must be returned to the Deanery and sent to Lisa.Nancholas@hee.nhs.uk
Please ensure these actions are completed by Monday 15th June 2020
We are aware that some trainees have had difficulty accessing the new Form R. To enable you to access the form please follows these instructions:-
1. If you do not have the most recent version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader you will need to download and install on your computer. This is available via the link below.
2. Please save the Form R Part A and Part B to your desktop or local folder. To do this right click on the document and select ‘save as’.
3. Locate the document you wish to open and right click and select Open With and then select Adobe Acrobat Reader. This will allow you to complete the form.
If you use a MAC then please see the attached ‘how to guide’ to ensure the form is opened with the correct software.
With kind regards,
Quality Support Administrator
Health Education England, working across the South West
Plumer House, Tailyour Road | Plymouth| Devon | PL6 5DH
T. 01752 590676